Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Wednesday, October 13, 2004

Project Updates

I slept in big style today. I woke at 9:45am and made it in for half 10! Nobody noticed of course such is the team spirit that is so prevalent in here. I don’t know why I was so tired. Lights were out about 11pm last night so there is no reason why I should have not got enough sleep. I think I might be sleeping lighter though. I’m usually quite heavy but when I woke today I felt like I had only got a couple of hours. Could be all the projects on the go just now jumbling my brain.

In fact, I’m going to list my current projects:

Hunting Jack
Issue 16 pending
Issue 17 written, needs padding
Research required for major sub-plot to develop forward into next issues
Deadline for all these, and submission of Issue 18, is October 26 (this keeps me a month ahead of first subscriber). Realistically expect to be up to Issue 25 at least by then.

KIC Magazine
First article on Website Development (WD) waiting to be written
Some planning of the structure of the columns needs worked out
Graphics for the column to be designed
Also going to submit an article for the Travel column concerning Scotland.
Travel column will require photographs therefore, expedition!
Deadline for all this 1st December 2004

Novel
A Friend To Die For (working title)
Not been worked on for several months now. The plan is to pick this up later once HJ is nearing the end of its contract, for two reasons.
1- I do not have the time to commit 100% to the novel with all the other work that is on-going right now.
2- I am learning so much from HJ that although I will pick the novel up and complete it, I will be expecting to see much that I want to change and a very heavy re-write structurally will be required.

Short Stories/Poems
Loaded – waiting for re-write
Bill McCarthy – waiting for re-write
Facing The Music – waiting for re-write
The Hill – long-term project
Several other short stories and poems still out on submission
No submissions have been made now for a couple of months due to work on HJ

Website Manuals
Have worked out an outline of modules for the course
Need to develop standard format throughout manuals
I want manuals to be in pdf format if possible
Need to complete each module
Promote this service further
No deadline but would like to see complete by November 30th

Websites
Keep all my sites up to date
Complete off current 3rd party websites
Promote web design service further


I received the official news from Dave and Isla Graham, who are now expecting their second child next April – big congratulations the them both and wee Molly who his going to have a big sis/bro!

Devon’s website is now up and running at www.devonellingtonwork.com.
I worked alongside her on the project and now that it is "live", she seems really pleased with the results. I'm really pleased too because she was fretting way too much over it. Hopefully the site can help to generate some work in her direction.

I was about to head out for some beers and a game of snooker when the phone rang – Ian had to cancel. So I was left floundering, but decided not to waste the rest of the night. Gail was busy with her own work (day work stuff she brought home – she’s committed!!) so I opened up Issue 16 and polished it up, then sent it away. I also completed Issue 17 and wrote the first draft of 18. Issue 17 is a scream! After the drama and suspense that has followed Jackie up until now, I found myself chuckling away at the idiocy he displayed tonight...about time he made me laugh!

So in the end, it was a really productive night!
Colin 10:48 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment