Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Saturday, July 15, 2006

Too Hot

Last night turned into a heavier one than both of us probably intended, which meant getting up was harder than it should have been.

We finished at about 2am, if memory serves me correctly, and by 8:45am I was on the GNER train to Aberdeen via Edinburgh. By 11am I was home and delighted to find an empty house. I took advantage and caught up with an extra couple of hours of badly needed kip.

Today turned into an absolute roaster. The weatherman says it's only going to get hotter over the next few days, as well. Wonderful. I spent most of the day trying to stay out of the sun and the heat but it was remarkably stifling. I'm just not built for it.

There were some more letters waiting for me when I got home. One rejection and one partial request for Stella from a local literary agent. I feel like I'm just buzzing just now.
Colin 11:36 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment