Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Such Is Life (Publishing Life Anyway)

My neck is killing me. Yesterday the left side was only slightly sore and I assumed it was down to the way I have been lying in bed. Today it is worse; tense and sore. Not having a desk for my PC is not helping either I fear.

I have taken this Friday off work. If I don't take one more day before Tuesday I'll lose my entitlement and The Company isn't getting any more out of me than I give them. So I am off. I will get up early, take Laura to school (if she'll let me), go and buy some fresh coffee, go home and write. I will then pick her up from school and make Gail a nice dinner. That's the plan, anyway.

What's this all about?

BBC News - Biscuit Tester Report

If this is meant to assess the crumb generation potential of biscuits, why doesn't it have lips, saliva or a tongue? And does it really need to have feet?

It looks to me like the Jammy Dodgers may have invaded the McVities PR dept.

I got an e-mail from my Ed at KIC Magazine and it looks like the project is being dropped after only one issue. I'm pretty gutted, but obviously it's out of my hands. It looks like lack of money and resource is mostly behind it. It was a good project to work on and I was enjoying it. Getting into print was a major coup with ergular work - paid or not. At my stage the cash wasn't a problem and I was happy to buy a copy to help out. I can understand some of the moer experienced writers view as to payment though.

Having got four columns and planned out several issues ahead I'm sure the work won't go to waste and can be used in other avenues, but it is still a huge disappointment. If it was going to fail it shouldn't have begun, and now that it is underway, it should have been given more time.

Such is life.

For the second time in a week I managed to shave my head entirely, with a razor, and NOT cut my scalp. I am naturally, overwhelmed with happiness.
Colin 10:21 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment