Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Friday, March 04, 2005

Remembering Glasgow

Part 2

Work turned out to be busier today than expected so I never got any work done on the web manuals.

I met an old pal, R, not seen since an old job I used to have in Glasgow back in 98, over lunch. He’s just started for the same company as Dave and Tom, so we inducted him into the lunchtime pint routine in Clark’s Bar.

It was god to catch up. Although much has happened to both of us over the past few years, not much has really changed. There is still the same banter and recalling of some great days spent in Glasgow’s public houses.

My time in Glasgow is fondly remembered. For me, it truly is the best city in the world. R asked me if I missed Glasgow. Of course I do, but I wouldn’t change what I have now for anything. I still don’t feel that I have settled in Edinburgh. I still feel like an outsider to an extent, which is why I am hoping this new house move will go towards making me feel more at home. There will always be a part of me that belongs in the West of Scotland though.

The old saying applies: “Ye can take the boy oot o’ Glesga, but ye cannae take Glesga oot eh boy.”
Colin 9:41 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment