Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Friday, March 18, 2005

Community Radio And A New Poem

There were several urgently marked e-mails from my ed at KIC in my inbox this morning. She's back online (kind of) but is having major problems publishing so I had to scramble together several issues and send them to her as she cannot access the originals. It sounds like a nightmare and hopefully it will be fixed soon.

I've been watching the Leith community blog (http://theleither.net) and notice they have started a community radio station for May and June during the Leith Festival. They have posted a call for people to get involved in all aspects from presenting to producing, but also for features to put on the radio. I immediately thought of asking them if they wanted to do an interview with me but getting in touch seems to be more difficult than I thought. I left a message since there was no apparent e-mail and on the Festival website you have to contact the media agency running it via their forum - except their forum is offline!

I shall keep trying; I'm positive it could/will work. Just the thought of it makes me nervous but it would be a great experience and could provide a new audience for my work.

I wrote a poem - my first in over a month. I've been focussing on every day objects lately (my last effort was called Disposable Pen) which is boring in itself, but the poem represents so much more in its metaphor and life. The same applies to The Lamp, which I wrote today.

Poetry flows through me in a funny way. Some days it is effortless, as though I am channelling a flow of energy through words. Sometimes it takes days, even weeks, to complete a poem to something I am happy with. Today was easy - I don't know why, though I am likely to go back in a few days and see if it still works.

On the way home I picked up some ingredients to make a nice pot of Spaghetti Bolognese for dinner. I wasn't sure if Laura would eat it seeing as it has a mince base, but she loved it. It's been a while since I made it and it sure beats some of the crap I've been eating for dinner lately.

I worked hard and late on my Website Manual. It's coming along nicely now and I've found a good rythm and I am trying to talk plain English as I go. Hopefully it will make sense when it's done.
Colin 10:45 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment