Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Monday, March 14, 2005

Aches, Pains And Strains

The clouds have gathered over Edinburgh and a light patter of rain is falling gently on the windscreens of the coaches as the Welsh head south to home. In their wake they leave a tormented and hungover nation, smiling publicans and the odd pavement-pizza.

It was a weekend of sporting wonder and of two Celtic nations coming together to celebrate all that can be good about the sporting world. No hostilities; just party, party, party.

As I sit writing this, my head is sore, my belly aches and my muscles are crying out for a massage. But it was all worth it. When Scotland play Wales it always throws up extremes of everything.

I really needed this weekend. A blow out of major proportions to reunite me with my friends, remember the old days, laugh and joke hysterically for hours on end and drink and be merry. Thank God it's two years before the Welsh come back!

I achieved nothing today in work, although getting there before 10 am might just fall into that bracket. I spent most of the day procrastinating and wishing it was 5 pm. When the time came, I grabbed it with both hands and made for home and to an early night.

But of course, I couldn't sleep and ended up staying up late to watch A Clockwork Orange. Something tells me tomorrow might be a different story as my body recovers itself from one of the best weekends I have had in a long time.
Colin 1:32 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment