Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Monday, February 07, 2005

Grinding Out The Words

I finally settled on a new logo for my blog!

See above or Click to view

I like it. It’s sexy, sophisticated and gives a feeling of being out in the mysterious, away from the mundane, delving into the recesses of my brain.

Two of my friends from my writing group have stories up in this month’s Wild Child e-zine.

Mingled Yarn by Michelle Miles

and

Guitar by Warren Parsons

Congrats to both!

I got nothing done during the day what with a heavy workload coming through at the moment. It’s not stuff I can put on off and with me being on holiday from Thursday, I need to have it done. The Development areas are waiting for this new software so they can develop code they think will save the business money. They should se what we pay for the support from IBM for this stuff; it’s seven figures a year!

I got to working on my articles when I got in. I haven’t decided what Play to go and see in place of my original choice but I’m going to have to figure it out soon. I might buy another copy of The List and check out the options again.

My friend who is in a band has got their first official gig. The Red Lesbians will play the Queen Margaret Union in Glasgow on Thursday 17th February. I am going to try and get through to cover it for KIC.

A friend asked me for some quotes relating to a Tarot reading she did for Jackie last year. I was supposed to send a couple of lines but when I started to write about it I found it turned into a novelette!

Hopefully it contained what she needed, but it also proved to be a good exercise for me. I compared the reading to what I knew about Jackie McCann then (October 04) and to what I know now. Some of the results were startling. I’m not going to publish the reading though. I feel that it might remove the magic surrounding it and make it less personal should I reveal it.

Gail nipped round to see her sister-in-law and I went to bed early. My head was pounding from staring at the computer screen (2 at work and 1 at home) all day and night. I wrote some Hunting Jack longhand, referring to some photographs I took on my camera the other week. It felt much better to be writing with a pencil than typing for a change. Usually when I write longhand it is only notes I am taking which I would then refer to and expand on when I am back at the computer or in my large notebook. It’s the only way I could grind out any kind of writing for the day.

Congratulations to Ellen MacArthur who is now the fastest person to sail solo around the world non-stop. I watched her cross the finish line from a live TV broadcast, as she sailed over the finish line after 71 days, 14 hours, 18 minutes and 33 seconds at sea - alone. At only 28 years old, one has to ask what she plans to do next!
Colin 1:01 pm

1 Comments:

Hey, Colin! Thanks for the plug. I love your new logo, by the way. It's awesome! :)

Add a comment