Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Friday, January 28, 2005

Thank God It's Friday

What I tell you (my faithful blog readers)…

Today I bounced out of bed at precisely 6am. Full of beans and energy I whistled as I showered, danced while I made my porridge and hopped, skipped and jumped while I got dressed. Then I ran for the bus – for the fun of it – and hummed merrily to the frolics of the early morning Radio 1 DJ designed to entertain everyone under the age of 19.

What really happened…

My alarm went off at 6am and I struggled to move. I crawled out of bed at 6.30am and trudged to the shower, holding my head under the flow, allowing the water to penetrate my skull via my eyeballs until my brain succumbed to the pressure that I was not going to go back to bed for about 16 hours. With bloodshot eyes, I mixed my porridge and stood next to the microwave, nodding my head against my shoulders until the ping of a job well done pierced the morning air. I dressed. Slowly. Then I walked with buckling knees to the bus stop. I turned on my personal radio and listened to Terry Wogan on Radio 2 – specifically designed to entertain everyone over the age of 30.

With a half day from work, normally I would have been happy to have a couple of jars in Clark's, then spend the rest of the day writing/researching/whatever needed doing in my plan for literary achievement.

But the house won't sell itself. So I spent most of the afternoon finishing off the last of the house polishing and talking with the solicitor. She came round to value the house and discuss the kind of money we are looking get for it. The main thing we want is a quick sale for the maximum price - fingers crossed our sales tactics are up to scratch.

By the time she left I was glad to be able to put the hard work behind me - for now anyway. This week has been a slog and a half and I'll be glad to chill a bit more this weekend. That said - the plan is to get through a lot on my writing schedule.

I came across another blog this evening that has a link back to my own blog. Nothing strange in that, except I don't know who's it is. It appears to be another writer's site, but there is no identifying details or means to contact the owner. A friend in my writing group spotted it because it has her blog listed as a favourite too. So she is as spooked as I am. It is rather flattering though - but weird nonetheless.

Right now I'm shattered after a heavy week. My thinking is to get a good night's kip and get the best out of the weekend, both with the family and with my writing. My dinner party has been cancelled for tomorrow so I won't be cooking after all. Shame because I had a nice meal planned. C'est la vie.
Colin 10:13 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment