Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Saturday, September 18, 2004

No Surrender!

The lack of technology will NOT get in my way.

Although my PC is in bits on the bedroom floor, I can still write. I will not be deterred or thrown off in my quest for literary something or other. Beside, I sill have the laptop in the lounge that I was given by work when I do standby or get called out. Only it doesn't have internet access but hey - I can still prepare my manuscripts.

I let gail have a lie in today and I got Laura ready for her dancing lessons/ Off we trooped, got the bus into town only to find it was closed due to the holiday weekend. I had brought the burntout power supply of my PC with me to take into the computer comonent shop in Leith, but alas, they are closed too right through to Tuesday. So off we trooped, back to the house!

I worked through issues 10 to 13 of Hunting Jack during the afternoon. Had a problem with 12 and 13. I knew where they needed to be by the end, but I couldn't get there easily. It just wasn't flowing/ I have a feeling I will be changing a bit of it after I have had time to contemplate.

I had to work Saturday night but it was busy - no opportunities for getting any writing done. Got home about midnight and had a couple of beers with Gail and her pal Susie who had come over. They were in a bit of a merry state when I got back, and being fully sober it was hard to get into someof the things their conversation.

I often wonder what women talk about, but surely it isn't ALL about sex, hanndbags, sex, hair colour and sex?!?
Colin 8:49 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment