Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Thursday, September 16, 2004

A Letter To America

I posted my KIC contract this morning, and now I wait while it wings its merry way across the Atlantic to California. 68 pence it cost - for a five page contract in a standard company envelope. I would have expected it to be at least a couple of pounds - no wonder Royal Mail is making such huge losses. They should charge more for their services because I think they are shooting themselves in the foot at prices that low. Of course, if it goes missing, I'll know who to blame heh.

I found an ideal front cover for Hunting Jack on a photographers website(www.photographers.co.uk). Intriguing, dark, mysterious - all the qualities I wanted. I added titles to the picture and re-sized it for the KIC website. Unfortunately the photographer never included his contact details so I mailed the website owners to put out a query in their newsletter (if they have one). I'm not sure what the copyright laws say about this given it was posted without a copyright attached to it that I could see, and with no contactable information.

Anyway, within half an hour the website editor returned my e-mail advising he had forwarded on my e-mail to the photographer concerned. Hopefully he will get back and we can come to an arrangement.

I complete the Blurb, Synopsys and Author Bio for Hunting Jack and sent them in. After much fretting over Issue 1 and whether it was good enough, I eventually sent it as well. I must have read those pages a zillion times in total now, and eventually I just had to say "enough is enough". I will post issues 2 through 9 over the weekend.

I did the Author Interview as well - what a weird sensation. It felt very "cardboard" the way I first approached it, so I read the questions and recorded myself answering them. Then I wrote what I had said into the document that gets sent to KIC. It went much smoother after that and the whole thing was very exciting. I wonder if Parkinson would like to have me as a guest?!
Colin 1:56 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment