Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Monday, August 14, 2006

Post-Holiday Rage

The thought of returning to work had me filled me with dread. I think that's what's been making me so tired: just wanting to be anywhere except here. It was a real drag getting up knowing I had to be in the office. I mean really bad, almost tear-provoking sadness and regret that I ever did an I.T. course at university in the first place.

I know it was the sensible thing to do, but if I only I had made my decisions based on who I was and not what I should be, I might be a bit happier in my working life by now. But then, it's all life experience I suppose, and without it, I would never have met Gail. In reflection, without her my life would be worse off - I just wouldn't be aware of it.

Speaking of my wife, she starts a new job today. Her climb up the ladder in the world of finance/investment has been nothing short of meteoric. I'm very proud of her and how she has carved out her own career through self-training and persistence. Her career is doing the opposite of mine: I am plunging into the depths and she is soaring through the sky ever higher. Good on you babe!

Anyway, no point in getting all morbid about my own career. I have my writing, and it is this madness that keeps me sane.



When I wrote the above I was feeling crappy about being back at work. Post-holiday blues and all that sort of thing. As I write this, I am raging. Without going in to specifics, I have reached the end of my tether with this place. Small-minded, petty and arrogant doesn't sum it up. The sooner I get out, the better.

As a result, I got no writing done or anything to do with The Fringe. My time this evening, was taken up with other, more pressing matters.

End of post.
Colin 10:08 am

0 Comments:

Add a comment