Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Saturday, August 20, 2005

Shortest Blog Entry, Ever

I did hardly anything today. I drank a lot of Irn-Bru, eat a lot of cocktail sausages, finished Treasure Island, read more of my research book and started Kidnapped by RLS.

In the evening I found myself watching the BBC Proms; the London Philharmonic Orchestra performing Beethoven's 9th Symphony. This was the first time I've ever sat down to listen to one of these kinds of performances and I quite enjoyed it.

I worked on the KIC Great Authors series of articles, polishing up the Robert Louis Stevenson one, and preparing Irvine Welsh, Ian Rankin and Arthur Conan Doyle. I already had their research done a while back for soemthing else and so just have to write it all up.

Another heat wave hit town and it was a roaster all day. Blue skies and a red-hot sun making it unbearable to do pretty much anything, including get to sleep.

I think my lack of writing this week has contributed to the slow down of my mind. This must stop.
Colin 10:08 am

2 Comments:

Hee hee, at first I thought I read you had GOT kidnapped by RLS--I was wondering if that was some sort of divergent group from work.

;-)
Need a swift kick in the pants to get you motivated?

Add a comment