Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Friday, November 04, 2005

Insomia Returns

When I did finally get to sleep last night I dreamt about my preview copy of Fringe Fantastic arriving and me holding it for the first time. Could I be getting obsessed? I probably already am, though when I checked my email this morning I had an email from the publisher to say it had been dispatched and was on it's way. I cannot wait to get hold of it.

Some exciting news; if you click on the following link, you will see that Circadian Poems have today, published my poem, Perfect Apple. Please have a read and help to support a great venture by Devon Ellington.

There was some bad news today as well. One Story have rejected Heart of a Child. This annoyed me because they "really liked it." Remember, this was the story I pulled from a publication after acceptance a few months ago, because they were changing it too much from its feel and location. I don't regret the decision, but it goes to show how editors can feel so differently about the same piece.

I took the day off today; I'm not feeling myself. I have had little sleep the last couple of nights and I feel like I could sleep for a week. I could really go for a back massage, but to be honest, if I did that here in Edinburgh I'll probably end up getting mixed up in some vice bust since there don't seem to be any legit places around.

I edited and formatted a few more Hunting Jack issues before getting really tired and retiring to bed. Couldn't sleep again though and the last thing I remember was seeing the clock pass 1am.
Colin 5:00 pm

1 Comments:

Really liked your poem!

Add a comment