Freedom From The Mundane - A Writer's Blog

Tuesday, September 13, 2005

Productivity

Productivity is our word of the day, folks!

I completed the writing and editing for all the articles I planned for the Great Scottish Writers series. Articles on Arthur Conan Doyle, Sir Walter Scott, James Barrie and Irvine Welsh was my target set out in my monthly GDR, and I got them all down. Whether they'll get published is still in the balance what with the problems at KIC, but I'll submit them tomorrow nevertheless. I'll keep my end of the bargain going, at least. The Rankin article is to be a feature and I'll start work on this next.

I had to do some more research for the Robert Louis Stevenson article for Circadian Poems. This article will be based on the one previously published by KIC, but will also look at his poetry. Most of the work was already done on this but I came across a website that has every single poem he ever wrote on it.

If you're interested, point your mouse at any of the links on this page and have a read: Complete RLS Poems

My second photography ad is now up after the good people at the Ideas Factory approved it. Click here to view the ad

I've had five responses so far from the ad over at Gumtree.com. I'll have to sort them, contact the people, and if necessary arrange some form of meeting. I want to be able to see their previous work, see how serious they are about their art and hopefully click with them on an artistic level. If it all works out it could be a long term collaboration since I plan more of these chapbooks in the future.

My friend, Devon, today announced a wonderful initiative by Broadway performers to raise money for those affected by Hurricane Katrina. Most of my US pals probably know about this by now, but if any of my readers from the UK are going to be in or around New York City on September 25th, then you should take a look at this:

New York's Theatrical Community Joins Forces For One Of The Most Important Events of the Season!

Ben Vereen & Liza Minnelli
Bryan Batt, Shoshana Bean, Victoria Clark, Charlotte D'Amboise, Jill Eikenberry, Raul Esparza, Shuler Hensley, Megan Hilty, Bill Irwin, Brian d'Arcy James, Isabelle Keating, Adriane Lenox, Terrence Mann, Rue McClanahan, Michael McElroy, Julia Murney, Bebe Neuwirth, Kelli O'Hara, Denis O'Hare, David Hyde Pierce, Carole Shelley, Christopher Sieber, Michael Tucker, Frederick Weller and The Broadway Inspirational Voices plus the casts of The Light in the Piazza, Hairspray, Mamma Mia!, All Shook Up, The 25th Annual Putnam County Spelling Bee, Two Gentlemen of Verona and Wicked to all appear in:

BROADWAY'S CELEBRITY BENEFIT FOR HURRICANE RELIEF

Date: Sunday, September 25 at 8:30 PM
Location: Gershwin Theatre, NYC
Information: Ink In My Coffee
Tickets: Ticketmaster.com

Before I go, a friend of mine, Jo-Ann Fillon, has had a story published online at Clever Magazine. It's called Cat: a tonic and you you should have a read.
Colin 12:01 pm

0 Comments:

Add a comment